2- ethyl-1,3 hexanediol is a colourless thick viscous liquid which has applications in the plastic and resin industry as a plasticizer. It is also used in ink formulations where it increases the penetration properties of ink on paper.
Packing: HDPE Drums, ISO tank
2-ethyl-1,3-hexanediol has been used as
- Diol or solvent in urethane manufacturing.
- Hardener in adhesive system.
- Solvent in manufacture of glycol inks.
- An effective insect repellent and selective suckering inhibitor for various kinds of plants.
- Emollient agent for cosmetic creams and lotions.
- Coupling agent for shampoos, and liquid cleansing creams.
- Lubricant for textile spinning.
- Ingredient in enamels.
CAS Number :94-96-2
|Appearance||Colourless to Pale Yellow Liquid|
|Assay (%)||Min 98.00|
|Acidity as butyric acid (%)||Max 0.50|
|Moisture (%)||Max 1.00|